Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Kuhl Wraps Up 2007 Town Hall Meetings

Yesterday, Congressman Kuhl finished his 145th town hall meeting for 2007, as part of a promise he continues to make to visit all 145 towns in the 29th each year.

Here's an article from The Hornell Evening Tribune about his meeting in Almond.

Here's his blog post about the importance of these meetings:

As many of you know, over the last two days I have traveled all around the district conducting town hall meetings. Today, I completed my 145th community meeting for 2007. Over the last three years, I have made it a priority to hold a town hall meeting in all 145 towns of the 29th Congressional District. The town meetings have, once again, been very beneficial to me by allowing me the opportunity to meet with everyone who was able to come out to voice their opinions about what we’re doing in Washington.

These last two days I visited 16 towns in five different counties. Some of the reoccurring topics included the rising cost of gasoline and immigration. I would like to thank all of the people who took time out of their holiday planning to come and share their thoughts. For those of you who could not make it out and want to know my position on rising energy cost and immigration, please check out my editorials:

Winter 2007:Holiday Cheer and Rising Energy Prices

Letting down our guard with driver’s licenses

And if you would like to voice your opinion on a bill or issue that matters to you, feel free to call my DC office.

No comments: